Make Your Own Cannabutter
SATIVA & BUTTER
A match made in foodie heaven—with endless riff options.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/8 to 1/2 ounce of dried cannabis flower
- 3/4 saucepan full of water
- To make the cannabutter, melt the stick in a saucepan three-quarters full of simmering water.
- Once the butter has melted, add crumbled and dried cannabis flower to the butter and water in the pan—start with one-eighth ounce or add up to one-half ounce total for a more potent experience.
- Simmer butter-water-cannabis on lowest setting for three to four hours.
- Strain into a heatproof container and refrigerate overnight until the butter separates.
- Remove the finished cannabutter, discarding the larger leaf bits etc. that sink to the bottom.
- Use the butter as a base for Bakman‘s sativa brisket .